Want to get your wife or girlfriend a Valentine’s Day gift but not sure what get her? Skip jewelry from Jared, a Whitman’s Sampler, and the romantic smell of burning risotto as you scramble to make her the perfect meal. Here’s what you do:
Head to the craft store. Go to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or JoAnn Fabrics and get a basket and some filler. You can usually find a basket for under $10 that will fit everything you want to put in it and for filler, feel free to go as cheap as possible without looking like it’s Easter. Get bonus points by downloading the store apps and using coupons they always have available.
Fill the basket. Sure, you could go to her salon and talk to her stylist about what products she should splurge on but who has time for that?! Here’s what you buy:
- Drybar – Swing by the blowouts emporium and grab their Texas Tea Volumizing Hair Spray and Southern Belle Volumizing Mousse. The two products are staples of Drybar stylists and worth every penny.
- Bobbi Brown – The brand’s Foundation Stick is something someone who receives this basket will fall in love with over and over again. The color is build-able meaning she puts on how much or how little she wants. Women love options.
- Bluemercury – After a long winter, she’ll thank you for adding a pack of M-61 Power Glow Peel facial treatments to her basket. The one-minute, one-step treatments are perfect for a woman on the go.
- Silhouette by Christian Siriano – Inspired by tulle, this playful but dusty fragrance has notes of cassis, jasmine, rose and freesia which make it mature while still being fresh and fun.
- Nars – Women have been screaming the praises of Nars products for years and two of my favorites are perfect for just about any woman – their Orgasm Illuminator (a lightweight versatile liquid that can be used all over the face) and Super Orgasm Lip Gloss (a pink gloss that gives sophisticated shine with just a small punch of color).
- amika – The company’s Nourishing Mask is one of the highest rated, best-selling products on birchbox.com with good reason- it’s AMAZING! The product will make her hair silky after a winter of dry air and blowdryer abuse without weighing it down, something she’ll appreciate.
Make her a card. Listen to Nick Offerman’s advice here (skip to 3:14 for the advice, watch it all for the laughs). Do as he says, trust me.