Does your spring include a remodel or redecoration project? Maybe you are just looking for a little art to spice up your office. Either way, you’ll want to take a look at these City Skyline Wall Art posters from Chicago Etsy seller Loose Petals. There are a number of Southern cities available including Durham (NC), Dallas (TX), Houston (TX), Austin (TX), Nashville (TN), Tampa (FL), Richmond (VA), Memphis (TN), Raleigh (NC), Louisville (KY), Birmingham (AL) and Columbia (SC).
12 Kudzus Creeping
11 Hounds a-Howling
10 Grits a-Grinning
9 Chickens Frying
8 Racecars Racing
7 Footballs Flying
6 Cotton Plants Growing
5 Golden Hushpuppies
4 Plucked Banjos
3 Smokin’ Barbecues
2 Delta Darlings
a Cardinal in a Magnolia Tree
While I can’t find this pillow for sale anywhere online, its list has long been a favorite of mine. There’s a mother version of the Southern 12 Days of Christmas floating around on Pinterest but I’m sticking with these 12.
Lately, hotels and resorts are stepping up their game with what shampoos, conditioners and lotions they offer their guests as part of their in-room amenities. Have you ever tried them and wished you could take it home for every day use? Now you don’t have to covertly raid the maid’s cart!
More and more lodging destinations are selling everything from the beds and bed linens (never been used) to robes to soaps and body washes through their website and in their gift shop.
- Disney Resorts – Looking for the Natural Spring Moisturizing Body Balm or Softening Mint Foot Scrub you loved as part of your resort stay? Disney has their entire line of H2O bath and spa products available all in one place. Even better is that they’re reasonably priced falling in line with what you’d pay at Bath & Body Works.
- Pinehurst Resort – Offering up the same line of Forest Calm body washes, shampoos and lotions that are used in their spa, Pinehurst charges $20-24 for up to 8 oz. of their signature line of spa products in both their online store and Pinehurst, North Carlina gift shop.
- Biltmore – From the smell of your room to the candle from the spa, you can purchase products from The Biltmore’s various on-site stores as well as online to keep you remembering your stay for Asheville, North Carolina stay for months.
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts – With hotels and resorts scattered not just throughout the Southern United States but also the world, whether it is the products from the Westin, Le Meridien, St. Regis or W Hotels, the online marketplace at starwoodhotels.com has you covered. In addition to their line of bath and spa products, guests (and those who have never stayed at one of their hotels and resorts) may purchase a new mattress that is the same brand that the hotel uses.
- The Peabody Hotels – The Peabody Memphis is a historic hotel rivaling some of the New York City greats and like many of them, the hotel sells its bath and spa products online including robes and the Radiance Electric Mirror/TV.
No matter what function it served in a previous life, Sarah Mendell, the brains and busy hands behind Greenville, SC-based indie craft business Once Again Sam, transforms scraps of leather into chic and cute jewelry. While some designs are made entirely by hand with basic tools, others utilize the precision of a laser cutter. No matter which method Sarah uses to make her pieces, they’re beautiful, durable and (gloriously) lightweight.
After graduating from the Maryland Institute College of Art, Sarah worked as an interior designer in the field of commercial architecture. “Early on in my career, I saw how often color samples and upholstery swatches were discontinued and trashed. I hated to see such luxurious material like leather end up with no use, so I started hanging onto the outdated samples,” she told me. Continue reading
There’s no better place to escape for a little “me” time than a spa. Whether you’re planning a getaway for one person or one bridal party, the South has some top rated luxury spas you’ll want to know about before you make your reservation.
- The Spa at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort (Kiawah Island, SC) – A 2013 Forbes Five Star Award winner, the spa offers a wide variety of options with a Southern twist including a mint julep hydrating facial and a Lowcountry bamboo body polish. Located right on the coastline, a visit to The Sanctuary is a relaxing, indulgent time that we’re calling a “can’t miss.”
- Westglow Resort & Spa (Blowing Rock, NC) – The all-inclusive Westglow Resort & Spa was recently named the Number 4 Best Destination Spa” on Travel + Leisure 2013 World’s Best list and when you look at their spa options its easy to see why. With over 20 wraps, massages and therapy options on the spa menu in addition to a full facial and salon services menu , your relaxation time practically plans itself.
- Spa Internazionale at Fisher Island (Fisher Island, FL) – Recently votd as one of The Best Spas in America by Travel + Leisure magazine, Spa Internazionale is one of the Southeastern United State’s more luxurious destinations which sits on a private island. The Mediterranean style spa also boasts a fitness center with exclusive group classes and private trainer services available.
- Sea Island Spa at the Cloister (Sea Island, GA) – The Spa was been ranked #4 in the Continental United States by Travel + Leisure readers in 2013 and claims “65,000-square-foot sanctuary of elegance and serenity.” Based on the virtual tour, we’d believe it. With a full menu of health, wellness and fitness offerings for adults, the spa also offers treatments for kids and teens.
- Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation (Greensboro, GA) – Condé Nast readers recently ranked this resort their 10th favorite nationwide and the first named in the Southeastern United States. A short drive from Atlanta, the Lodge offers options for brides, mothers of the bride, mothers to be and gentlemen. They also have full salon services and offer seasonal services such as the Cider and Cinnamon Pedicure and S’Mores Body Blow.
image courtesy of meritagecollection.com
What’s the key to buying jewelry showing off your love of your favorite college sports team? Versatility. We found five baubles, all available on Etsy, that are perfect for fans who don’t want to coordinate but don’t want to spend an arm and a leg.
- Rhodium White Gold Necklace, Purple Yellow Pearl Interchangeable Charms – This simple purple, yellow and pearl charmed necklace is perfect for showing your LSU school spirit while accenting your outfits even in the off season. ($26)
- Knoxville Map Cufflinks – Looking for a gift for your favorite Vol alumnus? These unique cufflinks are an ode to not just the Vols but also the city of Knoxville. ($25)
- Blue and White Tarheel Earrings – Simple beads on a gold flower accented wire are perfect for game day and for showing your Tarheel pride in everyday life. ($20)
- Skinny Leather Red Wrap Bracelet – This lead and nickel free magnet over a simple UGA-red leather wrap bracelet is the perfect dress-up/dress down piece for college football Saturdays in Athens, Georgia. ($36)
- Crimson and White Teardrop Chevron Earrings - Fun, funky and totally on trend, we love these teardrop earrings featuring the colors of the University of Alabama. ($15)