Atlanta area hair artists from Salon Soda were back at it making hair magic at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week this week. Reem Acra’s Fall/Winter 2015/16 collection made a big impression last night at New York Fashion Week as modern day Mary Antoinettes sashayed down the runway with whimsical styled hair produced by Didier Malige, Rene Furterer and Soda Salon stylists.
Here’s how to get the wavy curls look for yourself with tips from SODA RUNWAY team member Azita Rezaei:
- Start by creating a lot of texture using Renee Furterer Volumea spray. For this particular look, dilute the Volumea Spray by 50% with water, creating a sort of “beach spray”, and then apply the spray to the end of the roots.
- Make a center part and comb the hair to flatten the top.
- Create a soft finger wave on each side of the head from the temple to behind the ear by creating a swoop with your fingers & setting the hair in place with hair pins.
- Softly dry the hair using a blow dryer and diffuser.
- Use a 3/4 inch curling iron, opening the clamp and wrapping one inch of the sections around just the barrel to give it a natural wave.
- To finish the look, remove the hair pins to reveal soft finger waves.